Some of the most satisfying recognition of accomplishments comes from outside third-parties. This is where our peers, and sometimes even our competitors, are judging the outcomes of our work and project success. We are pleased to accept these awards, and it points to the high level of expertise our professionals attain. Here are some of our recent awards:
- The 2011 Outstanding Private Sector Civil Engineering Project Award for the Nacimiento Water Project in California, presented by the San Luis Obispo Branch of the American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE) and the ASCE Los Angeles Section.
- The CEEQUAL Award (Civil Engineering Environmental Quality Assessment and Award Scheme) for the Bristol Resilience Scheme in Bristol, UK.
- The 2011 Project Achievement Local Chapter Award for the Tampa Bay (Fla.) Water Surface Water Treatment Plant, presented by the Construction Management Association of America.
- Considerate Constructors National Scheme, Gold Award, for the Glencorse Water Treatment Works, Edinburgh, Scotland (for Scottish Water).
- Considerate Constructors National Scheme, Silver Award, for the Campbeltown, Scotland, programme of sewerage and wastewater treatment works enhancements.
- Expanding Excellence Award for “Best CIS Implementation for a Level 1 utility,” for the El Paso (Texas) Electric’s customer information system (CIS), presented by CS Week.
- The 2011 Ad Astra Award, given to one business each year that exemplifies both business and civic excellence within the state of Kansas, presented by the Kansas Chamber of Commerce.
- The 2011 Champion of Business Award, which honors area companies that have exhibited sustained excellence, presented by the Kansas City Business Journal.
- The 2011 Engineering Excellence Award in the water resources category, honoring both Black & Veatch and WaterOne, for the Wolcott Water Treatment Plant, presented by the American Council of Engineering Companies (ACEC) of Kansas.
- Voluntary Protection Program (VPP) Awards, Black & Veatch has partnered with OSHA at both the federal and state levels and has earned 13 VPP certifications on projects from Florida to Hawaii in the United States.
- The Royal Society for the Prevention of Incidents, Black & Veatch Ltd North Project Centre was awarded the RoSPA President’s (10 consecutive Golds) Award for Occupational Health and Safety in the United Kingdom.
- Government Safety Excellence Award for implementing exceptional safety procedures and training during the company’s energy project at the Saigon Hi-Tech Park in Vietnam.