Black & Veatch is committed to finding diverse suppliers and business partners in all our endeavors around the globe. We value the participation of diverse suppliers and subcontractors to enrich our ability to serve clients’ business needs and meet their most complex challenges. By encouraging diversity in perspectives, backgrounds and cultures, we believe we widen the spectrum of solutions offered to clients – innovative solutions through a diverse team with a “collective perspective.”
Working with minority-owned and women-owned businesses, as well as other underrepresented enterprises, also reinforces our Mission of Building a World of Difference. Through our projects, we work to change lives for the better by sparking economic development, providing environmental sustainability, improving public health and safety, and enhancing community services.
We are striving to be the contractor of choice by:
- Identifying and utilizing products and services from a variety of small businesses and diverse business enterprises.
- Providing comprehensive feedback to partners on business requirements, practices and procedures.
- Working closely with our partners to achieve excellence in execution and quality expectations.
- Ensuring fairness throughout the qualification and award process.
The opportunities for suppliers and subcontractors include design/engineering services, procurement, construction, operations and maintenance, logistics and transportation, and technology licensing.
Valuing Differences While Seeking Commonality
Black & Veatch seeks diverse business enterprises that deliver their services the way we do, backed by proven capabilities. The key commonality is a client-based approach. Our focus is providing solutions that create lasting value for our clients and business partners. We value partners who, like us, have a reputation for relentless problem solving, disciplined execution and integrity.
Our extensive scope of services across the energy, water, telecommunications, management consulting, federal and environmental markets offers partners a world of opportunity. That opportunity is backed by the stability of more than 95 years of success in the engineering, management consulting and construction fields.
Network of Diverse Suppliers
The foundation of our global presence is built on more than 100 offices around the world. Our potential network of qualified diverse suppliers and subcontractors includes:
- Small Businesses (SBE)
- Small Disadvantaged Businesses (SDB)
- Minority Business Enterprises (MBE)
- Women Business Enterprises (WBE)
- HUBZone Enterprises
- Service Disabled Veteran Business Enterprises (SDVBE)
- Veteran-Owned Small Businesses (VOSB)
- Historically Black Colleges and Universities and Minority Institutions (HBCU/MI)
- National Institute for the Blind/National Institute for the Severely Handicapped (NIB/NISH)
Assessing “Best-Fit” Partnerships
At Black & Veatch, we evaluate each company individually across a spectrum of qualifications and requirements. This criteria could include certification, years in business, proven quality and client approach. Other factors include value-added products and services, record of on-time performance, and health and safety performance.