Bob Welch Adds Depth to the Company’s Management Consulting Operations
Overland Park, Kansas (14 July 2014) – Bob Welch has joined Black & Veatch as Vice President of the operational technologies and analytics practice for the company’s management consulting business. Welch will lead the group’s effort to expand services in smart grid and analytics for electric, natural gas and water utility clients.
“Our clients are asking us for more and more communications and automation services. The use of data management and analytics play a large role in addressing these needs,” said John Chevrette, President of Black & Veatch’s managing consulting business. “Bob adds deep knowledge and experience to a strong smart grid and analytics team that helps utilities with their use of real-time monitoring and diagnostics.”
In the 2014 Strategic Directions Report for Utility Automation and Integration, published by Black & Veatch, utility leaders indicate that data use continues to grow in order of importance. Leaders also point out that budget constraints and the ability to justify investments are key obstacles to overcome.
Respondents to the report said that utilities can use real-time data to improve efficiency and reduce operating costs. Detail also is included that points to ways utilities can increase reliability and the quality of service for customers.
“The transfer of all types of information and data among systems and across the diverse operations of a utility creates new ways for companies to make more informed decisions,” said Chevrette. “Telecommunications, automation and analytics programs also will help utilities get a stronger return on their capital investments. The combination of these factors benefits the end-use customer as well as the utility.”
Welch joins the company with 20 years of utility industry experience. He most recently served as general manager of a global industry group where he advised clients on energy, chemicals and utility issues. He earned a bachelor’s degree in business from the University of Massachusetts at Amherst.
- Welch brings experience in leading the market research group for a global data corporation where he provided clients counsel on global trends and opportunities in areas including system integration, outsourcing and buyer needs.
- He also has led a utility marketing restructuring practice focused on the gas and electric utility sectors for a multinational professional services firm.
- The addition of Welch complements Black & Veatch’s smart integrated infrastructure initiatives that today address technology, connectivity and data capture issues.
- Black & Veatch’s management consulting business provides a wide range of advisory solutions. Company advisors have expertise in strategy and finance, regulatory support and compliance, customer engagement solutions, intelligent infrastructure planning and asset management.
- Please click on the following link to download a high-resolution photo of Bob Welch: https://www.flickr.com/photos/black_veatch/14622951135/
About Black & Veatch
Black & Veatch is an employee-owned, global leader in building Critical Human Infrastructure™ in Energy, Water, Telecommunications and Government Services. Since 1915, we have helped our clients improve the lives of people in over 100 countries through consulting, engineering, construction, operations and program management. Our revenues in 2013 were US$3.6 billion. Follow us on www.bv.com and in social media.
Media Contact Information:
GEORGE MINTER | +1 913-458-8001 P | +1 913-972-8811 M
MinterGA@bv.com | 24-HOUR MEDIA HOTLINE | +1 866-496-9149