Executive appointment further strengthens the company’s presence and investment in the region
– With growing client demand for tailored solutions balancing conventional and renewable generation sources, as well as more distributed, resilient power sources and grid infrastructure, Black & Veatch announces today that it has named Oscar Falcon as Senior Vice President and Managing Director, Power – Latin America.
Falcon joins Black & Veatch’s power business as the energy industry continues to adapt, balancing rising global need for reliable baseload generation with corresponding demand for decarbonization, low-carbon energy and end-to-end project solutions. Demand for renewable energy continues to grow, even as its generation impacts the operations of the traditional transmission and distribution sectors. Investments in distributed energy require a more flexible grid to ensure reliability while offering clients a greater choice of power generation solutions.
Falcon will be responsible for developing client relationships and creating and executing the company’s regional strategy, positioning the business for future growth within the market. He will be based in the company’s Santiago, Chile regional office.
With more than 16 years of experience, Falcon brings a strong perspective and substantial executive experience in the Latin American energy industry. Prior to joining Black & Veatch, Falcon served as chief executive officer for Siemens Chile, where he led the company’s energy, industry, smart infrastructure and mobility businesses. He also served as CEO of Siemens’ Power & Gas Division for the company’s Argentina, Chile and Uruguay markets.
“We consider the Latin American region a strategic opportunity to expand our global footprint,” said Mario Azar, President of Black & Veatch’s power business. “Black & Veatch is well-positioned to provide the full range of integrated energy solutions that will help deliver critical infrastructure power projects in the region. We look forward to building new client relationships to help them meet their business goals and Oscar’s deep experience and local expertise will help us further engage in these efforts.”
- Falcon has an Executive MBA in Business Management from the University de los Andes in Santiago, Chile, and a bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering from Florida Atlantic University.
- Black & Veatch has been operating since 1993 in Santiago, Chile, where its office houses more than 100 professionals in the region.
- Black & Veatch’s power business offers a range of engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) services in conventional, renewable, and distributed power generation, transmission and distribution, microgrids, and behind-the-meter services.
- This appointment follows the global EPC leader’s efforts to bring additional focus on innovation to support growth and sustainability targets across the mining industry in Latin America, including water infrastructure needs.
- Click here to access a headshot of Oscar Falcon.
About Black & Veatch
Black & Veatch is an employee-owned engineering, procurement, consulting and construction company with a more than 100-year track record of innovation in sustainable infrastructure. Since 1915, we have helped our clients improve the lives of people in over 100 countries by addressing the resilience and reliability of our world's most important infrastructure assets. Our revenues in 2019 were US$3.7 billion. Follow us on www.bv.com and on social media.
Media Contact Information:
MELINA VISSAT | +1 303-256-4065 P | +1 617-595-8009 M | VissatM@BV.com
24-HOUR MEDIA HOTLINE | +1 866-496-9149