Energy and water retain strong positions in Engineering News-Record Top 500 report
Overland Park, Kansas (6 May 2015) – Black & Veatch achieved the top ranking worldwide in telecommunications for U.S.-based engineering companies, according to the just-released Engineering News-Record (ENR) Top 500 Design Firms report. This is the sixth consecutive year that Black & Veatch has achieved the number one ranking in telecommunications.
The company also recorded a 4th ranking in power, 5th in water and 8th in sewer/wastewater. Black & Veatch is ranked 15th overall on the Top 500 list and 13th in the Top 50 Designers in International Markets list.
“Our success in 2014 was the result of continued global demand for large-scale infrastructure development.”
Steve Edwards, Chairman and CEO.
“Energy, water and communications infrastructure needs in emerging markets are driven by growing population, rising living standards and greater access to information. Also, clients in more developed countries are addressing needs for greater efficiency, network intelligence, resiliency and the challenges of aging infrastructure.”
Black & Veatch projects in 2014 included:
- Engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) services for the conversion of an LNG carrier to a floating liquefied natural gas vessel(FLNGV). The company is providing technology and services for three of the world’s five FLNGV projects.
- Selected as a joint venture partner by Scottish Water. The joint venture is the EPC contractor for a multi-year framework of projects providing wastewater infrastructure solutions across Scotland.
- EPC services for a high-efficiency combined cycle natural gas plant in Ohio. The plant will meet growing manufacturing and residential electricity demand as aging coal plants are retired.
- Selected as a joint venture partner by Singapore’s national water agency. The joint venture is providing program management for a deep tunnel sewerage system project.
- EPC contractor for the first hydrogen fueling station network in the U.S.The network is being built in California. It provides a zero emission option for transportation.
- Engineering services for a $1.3 billion expansion of a fertilizer plant in Oklahoma. It will be one of the largest producers of fertilizer in North America.
- Prime consultant for a Silicon Valley water project. It is one of the largest advanced water purification plants in Northern California.
- Providing Black & Veatch’s Asset360 analytics software for the Port of San Diego Smart City Initiatives demonstration project. The project will use real-time information on energy use. This effort saves power and reduces costs.
- The strong demand for Black & Veatch’s services is being met by approximately 10,000 experts who are delivering engineering, construction, procurement and technical-related solutions.
- ENR is an industry publication of the McGraw-Hill Companies. ENR provides news, analysis, commentary and data that construction industry professionals use to do their jobs more effectively. It has been published since 1917.
- The Top 500 Rankings are based on revenues within the individual business lines.
Media Contact Information:
GEORGE MINTER | +1 913-458-8001 P | +1 913-972-8811 M | MinterGA@bv.com
24-HOUR MEDIA LINE | +1 866-496-9149
About Black & Veatch
Black & Veatch is an employee-owned, global leader in building critical human infrastructure in Energy, Water, Telecommunications and Government Services. Since 1915, we have helped our clients improve the lives of people in over 100 countries through consulting, engineering, construction, operations and program management. Our revenues in 2018 were US$3.5 billion. Follow us on www.bv.com and in social media.